Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we will be sharing some of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes!
This cranberry sauce is from The Food Network and is better than anything you can buy in a can! It is delicious warm on Thanksgiving, and equally as good the next few days directly from the fridge cold.
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- In a medium pot, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Stir to blend. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the cinnamon stick, allspice and nutmeg. Stir to blend.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Some of the cranberries will pop open.
- Add the orange juice and zest and serve.