Stuffing is a Thanksgiving favorite, and everyone has their own way of making it. I have found the perfect recipe, that combines savory and sweet, and everyone loves it. Credit to www.allrecipes.com for having this amazing recipe!
Apple Pecan Cornbread Dressing
- 1 (9×9) inch pan of cornbread, crumbled
- 1 (8oz) package dry stuffing
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped apples
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups apple juice
- 3 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the celery and onion for 8-10 minutes or until translucent.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread, stuffing mix, parsley, ginger and salt. Mix in the celery and onion mixture, chopped apple, chopped pecans, apple juice and beaten eggs. Spoon dressing into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, making sure the dressing is browned on top.